I get sánh many questions about how to tát cook spaghetti squash, sánh I thought I’d share my go-to method for roasting it, a few tips, and a couple of my favorite spaghetti squash recipes.
Bạn đang xem: spaghetti squash là gì
First things first: cut it in half lengthwise. Then, scoop out the seeds.
Next, drizzle the insides lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. I find that adding too much oil and too much salt at this stage makes the squash a bit watery, sánh a light drizzle and a light sprinkle will bởi.
Then, poke a few holes in the skin of the squash with a fork and place it cut side down on a baking sheet. Pop it in a pre-heated 400°F oven.
Xem thêm: ei là gì
A mistake I used to tát make was roasting my squash too long. I used to tát roast it for an hour or longer, but now I roast it for 30 to tát 40 minutes. I initially thought the squash needed to tát be super soft and fork tender in order for the strands to tát “spaghetti,” but over the years I’ve learned that I prefer my strands to tát be more al dente (and less mushy), and that the 1 hour mark was too long. Of course, the timing will entirely depend on the size of your squash and the heat of your particular oven. It can also vary from squash to tát squash, sánh adjust your cooking time accordingly.
Once it’s roasted and cool enough to tát touch, use a fork to tát scrape the strands. I lượt thích to tát start from the outside and work my way in, fluffing them up as I go.
That’s it! Season it with more salt and pepper and serve it as a simple veggie side. Or incorporate it into your favorite spaghetti squash recipes. Here are two of mine (pictured below): Spaghetti Squash with Chickpeas and Kale and Lemon Pesto Spaghetti Squash.
Xem thêm: catse là gì
- 1 spaghetti squash
- extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to tát 400°F.
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and ribbing. Drizzle the inside of the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the spaghetti squash cut side down on the baking sheet and use a fork to tát poke holes. Roast for 30 to tát 40 minutes or until lightly browned on the outside, fork tender, but still a litte bit firm. The time will vary depending on the size of your squash. I also find that the timing can vary from squash to tát squash.
- Remove from the oven and flip the squash sánh that it’s cut side up. When cool to tát the touch, use a fork to tát scrape and fluff the strands from the sides of the squash.